Saturday, August 31, 2013

Leigha is 2!

Well technically she is 2 and 1 month and change, but I'm no good about being on time for anything LOL. 

She is a handful....go ahead and look up that word in the dictionary, it will have her picture beside it.  We are definitely in the throws of the terrible two's.  She is such an independent little girl which is wonderful, and horrible at the same time.

It means more messes, and more things I don't have to worry about doing for her at the same time. 

She has such a big vocabulary, and will repeat almost everything you say, which is totally cute.  At her 2 year checkup I was worried that she wasn't talking very much, at least I couldn't understand her very well, but a month later and she is talking up a storm.  I can only imagine what she is going to be like in 2 months.  I think we will be OK. 

She was 30 pounds and 35 inches tall.  75% percentile for weight and 95% percentile for height.  In other words she is perfect...and will be perfectly tall too :D 

She loves Umi Zoomi and her favorite part of the show is the crazy shake at the end.  I'm talking shaking her hands and head and squealing, and singing parts of the words.  Her second favorite is Bubble Guppies, again because they dance in the middle of it and girl likes to dance. 

She loves...LOVES macaroni and cheese.  Its the only thing that I am guaranteed that she will eat.  Well as long as its the elbow macaroni and yellow cheese sauce.  That gourmet stuff you get off the kids menu at some restaurants she won't touch it (which really irks me...its a kids menu...don't make simple things gourmet! grrrr!)

She is still not liking most foods, but sometimes on occasion she will try something.  We're working on it.  And because of this, she is now having to take a multivitamin every day.  Her iron numbers came back REALLY low at her 2 year check up so she is getting an iron supplement as well.  We will go back to the doctor at the end of October to have them recheck the numbers and if they are still low then we will have to put her in the hospital for iron treatments.  That is not something that I am looking forward to especially since I will either have a VERY newborn baby or be VERY close to my due date.  Neither of which we are happy with, but obviously will have to do it if we have to.  We will manage.

She is in love with her Daddy.  She has to be wherever he is, doing whatever he is doing, looking at whatever he is looking at.  If his hands are above his head, hers are too.  Its so adorable.  She loves to imitate, but then again at this age, I suppose all children do. 

Where oh where has the time gone!  I am excited to see what you will do next, but I long for the days when you were a cuddly tiny squishy baby....I didn't get enough time with you then. 

Stop growing up little girl....Please stay little forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment